We do not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including: name, email, address, phone number);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including: name, email, address, phone number);
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing & non-commercial) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to karate/martial arts which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us [email protected]
- deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
How do we protect your information?
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on secure off-line computers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
A special note about children
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website is directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Children are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children (under the age of 14) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.